Wayne P. Foster, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
American Board of Otolaryngology
Area of Expertise:
Rhinology (nose and sinus), Facial Plastic Surgery, Skin Cancer and Reconstruction
(1994–1995) Associate, Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Dept. of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery
Geisinger Medical Center Danville, PA
- Fellowship Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (1/95–12/95) McCollough Plastic Surgery Clinic, Birmingham, AL
- Residency Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery (7/90–6/94) Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Internship Surgery (7/89-6/90) Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Fellowship Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery Research (7/88-6/89) Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Medical School Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, MD, 1988
- Undergraduate Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, BA, Chemistry, 1983
- LICENSURE New Jersey, Pennsylvania (inactive), Alabama (inactive)
- AWARDS President’s Award, 1992 AAO-HNS National Meeting, Washington, DC
- Foster, WP. The Nose – Inside and Out. Community Medical Center Grand Rounds. March 1999
- Foster, WP. Sinusitis Update. Kimball Medical Center Grand Rounds. October 1998
- Foster, WP. Facial Trauma. Sports Medicine Grand Rounds. Sports Medicine New Jersey. Affiliate of the Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell University School of Medicine, New York, NY, March 1998.
- Foster, WP, Klingensmith, M, Millman, B. Large Rotation and Advancement Flaps in Facial Reconstruction. Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology, Hershey, PA, June 1994.
- Foster, WP, Giddings, NA. The Effect of the Argon Beam Coagulator verses Conventional Electrocautery on Peripheral Nerve. Combined Otolaryngologic Spring Meeting, Head and Neck Society. Palm Beach, FL, May 1994.
- Kennedy, TL, Foster, WP. Endoscopic Management of the Nasofrontal Recess. Annual Triologic Eastern Section Meeting. Ottowa, Canada. January, 1994.
- Foster, WP, Kennedy, TL. How I Do It – Managing the Chronically Obstructed Nasofrontal Duct. International Sinus Symposium. Philadelphia, PA. July 1993
- Klingensmith, M, Millman, B, Foster, WP. Finesse in Nasal Tip Reconstruction. Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology Annual Scientific Meeting, State College, PA
- Foster, WP, Greene, JS. Wegener’s Granulomatosis presenting as Ophthalmoplegia and Optic Neuropathy. AAO-HNS National Meeting. Washington, DC, September 1992.
- Also presented at the Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology Annual Foster, WP, Gibson, W. The Sublingual Dermoid Cyst. PAO Annual Scientific Meeting. Hershey, PA. June 1991.
- Fucci M, Martin WH, Foster WP, Schweggler J, Ronis M. The effects of Ginkgo biloba on hearing loss. AAO-HNS National Meeting. Washington, DC, September, 1992
- Fucci M, Martin WH, Foster WP, Schweggler J, Ronis M. The effect of Ginkgo biloba on tinnitus. Academy of Research in Otolaryngology. Jacksonville, FL. April 1992.
- Foster, WP, Woodruff, WP. Facial and Soft Tissue Neck Injuries Chapter in Practical Sports Medicine Imaging. Eds. Halpern and Herring. Blackwell Scientific Publishing Co, Cambridge, MA. 1998
- Foster, WP, Greene, JS. Wegener’s Granulomatosis presenting as ophthalmoplegia and optic neuropathy. Otolaryngology Head Neck Surg 1995; 112;758-62.
- Millman, B, Gibson, W, Foster, WP. Brachiotorenal Syndrome. Arch Otolarynogol Head Neck Surg 1995; 121:922-25.
- Klingensmith, M, Millman, B, Foster, WP. Finesse in Nasal Tip Reconstruction. Head Neck Surg, July/August 1994.
- Klingensmith, M, Foster, WP, Millman, B. Large Rotation and Advancement Flaps in Facial Reconstruction, Submitted for publication in Head and neck Surgery.
- Kennedy TL, Foster WP. Endoscopic Management of the Nasofrontal Recess. Submitted for publication to the Laryngoscope.
- Laserbrasion: Comparison to Conventional Dermabrasion and Chemical Peel. Foster, WP, McCollough, EG, Maloney, BP, Rousso, DE, Van Hoy, P. Fellowship thesis through the Amer Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstr Surgery.
- Antibiotic Iontophoresis in the Treatment of Burn Perichondritis of the Rabbit Ear Marasovich, W., Kennedy, T.L. Foster, W.P. Geisinger Medical Center, 1992
- AUDIOLOGY. June 1988; at Temple University Dept. of Otolaryngology, Audiology Division, William Martin, PhD, supervisor. Projects: l) The effects of Ginkgo Biloba on tinnitus; 2) Three-dimensional Auditory Evoked Brainstem Potentials, data accumulation and analysis; 3) The use of Auditory Brainstem Evoked Potentials and Middle Latency Response as a monitor for Neurological Sequelae of Cardiac Surgery.
- ORGANIC SYNTHESIS: 1982; at The John Hopkins University, with Donald Burns, PhD. Synthesizing Fluordeoxyglucose For Evaluation of Brain Metabolism using the PET Scanner.
- ORGANIC SYNTHESIS: 1982; at Lehigh University with Thomas E. Young, PhD. The Synthesis of 2,2’-tetrabromo 3,3’ bi-1H-indole
- Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- President, Ocean County Medical Society
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, 1996 – present
- Emerging Trends and Technologies Committee Member 2009 – 2012
- Multimedia Committee Member 2009 – 2012
- Academy of Otolaryngology of New Jersey
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Visiting Nurse Association of Central Jersey, Community Health Center, Inc., Community Leadership Council 2008- present
- Community Medical Center
- Medical Staff Quality Committee Member September 2009 – present
- Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology, 1990-1994
- Alabama Medical Society, 1995
- Jefferson County Medical Society, 1995
- “Choose Your Cover” Belmar Beach Screening Team Member 2011 – present
- Community Medical Center Holiday Ball Sponsor 2000 – present
- Wall Township Football Team Sponsor – 2006 – present
- Valentine House Sponsor, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey 2008 – present