Comprehensive Allergy Testing
- Trees, grasses, animals, molds
- Skin testing
- Subcutaneous treatment (shots)
- Sublingual treatment (drops)
An allergy is a chronic condition involving an abnormal reaction to an ordinarily harmless substance called an allergen.
If you have an allergy, your immune system views the allergen as an invader and a chain reaction is initiated. White blood cells of the immune system produce IgE antibodies. These antibodies attach themselves to special cells called mast cells, causing a release of potent chemicals such as histamine.
These chemicals cause symptoms such as:
- Itching in the nose, roof of the mouth, throat, eyes
- Stuffy nose (congestion)
- Runny nose
- Tearing eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes